Webinar: Automated segmentation and design workflows for patient-specific surgical guides
In this webinar, nTop and Synopsys demonstrated a seamless patient-specific design workflow for a customized surgical guide that leverages AI-enabled patient image processing and design automation.
New technologies in the field of medical devices are making it possible to develop high-quality, fully customized 3D printed devices that make surgeries more efficient and improve patient outcomes. However, as demand for these highly customized devices grows, scaling the process to accommodate a higher throughput is limited by manual workflows that require significant labor and time. Two of the main time bottlenecks are segmentation - the process of converting 3D patient image data into surface models - and patient-specific design for additive manufacturing (DfAM) - the process of designing a 3D printed device based on the segmented patient anatomy.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How to efficiently convert 3D anatomical DICOM data into high-quality models using Synopsys Simpleware Software
- How nTop can create fully-featured and conformal patient-specific solutions using scan data and reference landmarks
- How to automate the workflow and scale up to production levels
- Kerim Genc - Business Development Manager, Synopsys Simpleware Product Group
- Stephen Luke - Senior Applications Engineer, Synopsys Simpleware Product Group
- Christopher Cho - Staff Application Engineer | Additive Manufacturing and Medical Device Design, nTop