Designs for the holidays: 2022 year in review
Written by nTop
Published on December 9, 2022
Happy holidays from nTop!
With 2022 soon coming to a close, now is the perfect time for a retrospective.
Here are the nTop highlights of the year.
Designs for the holidays
First, here is a small holiday gift.
The members of our nTop makerspace designed ornaments to get into the holiday spirit. Follow the link to download the nTop files and meshes for 3D printing.
Best of 2022: Product updates
Twelve months ago, our software functioned and looked very different. From quality-of-life improvements to major updates, our Product and Engineering teams released new features every two weeks.
We are most excited when we see designs generated by nTop users reach the final stages of development—and this number is steadily increasing.
Most impactful new capabilities of 2022:
- New latticing technology: Our new latticing tools are easy to use, faster than before, and offer even greater control. Learn more.
- Enhanced visualization: Combining new immersive lighting with GPU-powered real-time visualization makes you more productive in nTop. Learn more.
- Implicit interoperability: We created a prototype connection to send designs directly to print as implicits without making a mesh. Learn more.
Best of 2022: The Learning Center
Since its launch in January, the Learning Center has become the go-to resource for learning nTop.
Our self-paced tutorials have guided thousands of nTop users in their journeys to becoming nTop experts.
Most popular courses:
- Intro to Lattices: Learn how to apply different latticing options within nTop. View course.
- Intro to Field Driven Design: Learn how to use fields and data to influence your design. View course.
- Intro to Automation: Learn how to use custom blocks and list processing to automate design workflows. View course.
Best of 2022: Engineering content
Our team of engineers, designers, and innovators works year round to develop content on advanced engineering design. Here are the most popular resources of 2022.
- Most popular case study: Case Study: Cold Plate with Shark-inspired Flow Guides
- Most popular article: The Engineering Guide to Generative Design
- Most popular guide: Guide: Personalized Medical Devices
- Most popular video: Plate Heat Exchanger: Made Better with Additive Manufacturing
- Most popular webinar: What’s New in nTop: Autumn Edition
Quote of the month
Von Kármán was responsible for many key advances in aerodynamics, notably on supersonic and hypersonic airflow characterization.
nTop (formerly nTopology) was founded in 2015 with the belief that engineers’ ability to innovate shouldn’t be limited by their design software. Built on proprietary technologies that upend the constraints of traditional CAD software while integrating seamlessly into existing processes, nTop allows designers in every industry to create complex geometries, optimize instantaneously, and automate workflows to develop breakthrough 3D-printed parts in record time.
Sneak peek into the nTop + Autodesk Fusion 360 integration
Optimizing thermal management with conformal cooling to extend operational life
Advancing structural performance of aerospace heat exchangers
Design a spooky Halloween candy bowl in nTop
5 reasons why you should use nTop to create heat exchangers