Implicit Interop in nTop: Export without meshing
Published on June 26, 2023
- Tooling design
Key Software Capabilities
- Implicit Interop
Additive manufacturing is no longer limited by design or manufacturing but rather by the data transfer between them. Due to the increasing part complexity enabled by AM and design software like nTop, the size of design files can get enormous, and exporting and importing them can take a long time. But with our Implicit Interop capability, a new data transfer technology specifically built to address the challenges created by AM, you can overcome this bottleneck.
The nTop Implicit File format offers significant advantages over existing B-rep or mesh-base data formats.
- nTop Implicit Files can be up to 99% smaller than meshes.
- nTop Implicit Files are generated up to 500x faster and load in up to 60% less time in the receiving software.
- nTop Implicit Files are accurate and lossless geometry representations based on mathematical function, not surface approximations.
In this video, Yuki Okada, Technical Marketing Specialist at nTop, shows you how to use our Implicit Interop capability,. He will show you how to transfer design data from complex 3D models using a lightweight file format based on implicit modeling.
Watch and learn how to:
- Create and export nTop Implicit Files.
- Import nTop Implicit Files to supporting 3rd party software.
- Understand the power of Implicit Interop.
If you want to learn more about Implicit Interop, check out the Implicit Interop page.
Sneak peek into the nTop + Autodesk Fusion 360 integration
Optimizing thermal management with conformal cooling to extend operational life
Advancing structural performance of aerospace heat exchangers
Design a spooky Halloween candy bowl in nTop
Flow management innovations: reducing pressure drop and energy